Monday, December 19, 2016

A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin


Dec 19/16

I finished this book around June of 2016. After I discovered Audible and listening to audio books. It really helped while taking care of my baby.


A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin

I had to restart this because I originally started reading the third book of the series a year or two ago.



And of course, I read this so long ago, I can't quite remember everything I thought about it.

Here's what I do know: I was somehow able to stay away from spoilers, but I knew something big was going to happen. I knew the Red Wedding had been mentioned a lot, and I had made up scenarios in my head.

I was wrong. I had no idea. I assumed the Red Wedding would be Joffrey's. I was hoping something terrible would happen to that little ass. (His was full of action as well.) 

I'll admit. I was shocked, and actually don't think I want to see it on the show. We do have season three ready to watch though. I will some day soon.

Either way, spoilers are bad, but I did know to expect something big. It was definitely big, but I don't think it ruined the book for me.

I actually think a lot happened in this one. It seemed exciting from start to finish. So far, I don't feel that way about book four, but we'll see. Unfortunately after long breaks, it's hard to remember every single thing that happened.

This is a short post, but all in all, I liked it. I feel bad that it took me so long to read it, but I needed a break. These books are huge, and sometimes I need an 'easy' ready. Something that I can't put down. While I enjoy the Game of Throne books, I can put them down, and I don't find them to be easy reads. 

(I also don't think that not being able to put a book down means it is an easy read. It just means it's good.)

I've got a lot of updates on books to write on this blog. The fourth book will be added some day.

E



©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


No comments:

Post a Comment