Friday, September 23, 2016

The Martian by Andy Weir


September 23, 2016

(Finished book in March of 2016)


The Martian by Andy Weir

I really enjoyed this book. I wasn't sure if I would, but I still wanted to read it. Of course, I also wanted to read it before I watched the movie. It was already out on DVD so I was pretty behind on reading it. My whole family had also read it, and I was the last person to get it.

I wasn't sure if I would like it. It's not really the kind of book I usually read, but I wanted to read it before I watched the movie.

The good news is I did like it. The unfortunate truth is I knew I was going to like it when they swore on the first page. I'm not sure what that says about my personality, but it's the truth.

I continued to enjoy the book as I read. I didn't know anything going into it, so I had no idea if Mark would survive the mission or not, and I was worried I wouldn't like the ending.

I'm also glad they eventually added more voices to the novel. I loved Mark, but I wasn't sure how Andy Weir would make it a one person novel.

Books that are able to add humour during serious moments make me happy. Tension in books is great. Tension in books is better when it can be cut with a laugh. Even if it doesn't solve the situation, it's a nice break. This book did it. I could be completely stressed out for the character, and then be able to laugh at a comment made.

I did watch the movie after I read the book, but I can honestly say I don't remember it at all. I had pregnancy brain while watching it, and now I have mommy brain so it's safe to say it left my brain immediately after watching it. The book definitely left more of an impact.

I would recommend this book to anybody.

I've got a few more 'catch up' reviews coming up. I'm slowly working on it.

E



©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.


No comments:

Post a Comment