Thursday, April 14, 2016

how i came to sparkle again - by Kaya McLaren

November 11, 2015

how i came to sparkle again - by Kaya McLaren



Okay - I started writing that in November of last year. Now I have to start again.

April 14th, 2016

I'm so far behind with all my blogging. I'm slowly catching up. This will be a short one because I don't ever have notes or anything, so I have to rely on my memory. Which isn't so good.

Here are my thoughts: This book was strange. It was almost a religious type book, but wasn't. I think some characters were religious, and others spent 2-3 pages questioning God. I'm not always a fan or the religious books, and I honestly think that part of it could have been cut down into a line.

The book jumped between characters. I usually like that. Although, I felt by the end, I knew some characters better than others. 

Some people were dealing with loss, others dealing with divorce (which is loss in a way), and with a miscarriage. Others were just the odd characters that ended up with their perspective in the book as well.

The one thing I can say for certain is I loved the setting. A ski village in the States, that is busy during the tourist season. I enjoyed the odd ball characters. 

I just didn't love the book. 

It was an easy read though. I don't think I'll ever pick it up again, but it was fine to read once.





©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment