Thursday, October 15, 2015

Jason Priestley - a memoir

October 15, 2015

I chose this book for a very simple reason. I saw it in the Google Play book section for under 2 dollars, and thought, 'sure.'

Strange that his is the second book I've read this year by a celebrity. That makes two books in my life. Although - I bought Mindy Kaling's book Post Here because I thought it would be hilarious. I didn't think Jason's book would be.

Jason Priestley - a memoir

Where do I start? This book is basically his life story. The good, the bad, the love, and the 90210 years.


It's one of those books that I don't like to admit I'm reading or read, but will anyway.

Jason tells a VERY matter of fact story about his life. He's apparently good at everything, and even while doing bad-ass things, he still adds his own level of perfection. (This kind of reminded me of Brandon Walsh - the character he tried so hard to get away from.)

I'm still unsure if I liked the book. He gave us a lot of information without really giving any details. 

Here are some of my thoughts:

It's interesting that he was honest about things we already knew about. Shannon's attitude on 90210 being one of them. Yes, he did talk about her, but I wouldn't say he gave any more information. As terrible as it is, I kind of wanted more gossip. Something interesting.

I think his wife was amazing to him. She moved places for him, she supported him, and she raised his babies. I'm sure he helped in the raising, but it just seemed like she gave up a lot for him. I guess that's love.

He name drops a lot. He knew people before they were famous, and makes sure to let us know.

Lastly, I think the parts I liked best were about his dogs. Spoiler - he talks about the deaths of his dogs, and those were the most real parts in the book. Possibly because I will never have the 'celebrity' problems he does, but the love for a dog is universal. 

That's it. If you want to know more about an actor from Canada, (I especially enjoyed the time he changed the spelling of honor to honour) who did so much more than acting, read his book. He's done it all, and apparently met everyone.

And--- that's the post for today. On to the next book.




Oh - and this is book seven. My goal was to read 13 this year. I'm behind by three books.




©ErinLeahMcCrea All photos I share on my blogs are my own, please Ask Me For Permission Before Using Them.

No comments:

Post a Comment