Sunday, November 4, 2012

Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky

I am behind on my book blogging.

I read this one in summer. The most interesting part about this book was the back of the book. I really thought I was in for a wonderful read.

It personally wasn't my kind of book. I can't remember it all exactly now, but I won't be giving it a second chance. I think the phrase 'ohmygod' was used too many times. Exactly like that. I know that's a silly thing to judge a book about, but I am anyway. Believe me, if that was the only thing, I could probably deal with it.

It was about three teenage girls who decided to get pregnant. A pregnancy pact. I think that actually did happen somewhere. To be honest, the idea of the novel sounded good to me. I just didn't like how it played out. I thought at times it was preachy. I also was really annoyed by the teenagers. Possibly because I'm not a teenager anymore, and I can't put myself in that selfish mind set, but I hope not all teenagers are like those girls, and it was over exaggerated.

It was a quick read, and I did finish it. Mostly because I hate quitting things when I've started them. Even bad books.

I'm pretty sure I've read something else by that author and enjoyed it, but I wouldn't read this one again. I actually feel bad writing that, but it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment