Thursday, June 7, 2012

Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery

My mom read me these books when I was younger. I don't remember them, I just remember her reading them to me. I do remember the movies (first and second). I loved them. I still do love them.

I've wanted to read the book for a while, and finally did. I loved it as well. First of all, it was hilarious, and L.M. Montgomery is a genius. The page long run on sentences from Anne are classic. It was similar to the movie, but had differences. The movie had the important moments, but I found that the book was from different view points than I had expected.

I am now onto Anne of Avonlea. I plan to read them all. There's quite a few, but I cannot imagine any of them not being great.

Basically, anybody who loved the movie, will love the books. And vise versa. I can't wait to read them to my kids. (or in my case, I should hope my friends have little girls to read to).

No comments:

Post a Comment