Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Other Woman by Joy Fielding

Another Joy Fielding book; like I said, I went to the library and saw Joy Fielding books and Sandra Brown books. I couldn't resist either. Especially these ones because it feels like there are so many I haven't read.

This one didn't disappoint. It was frustrating at times because you could see this completely strong woman who was in a bad situation, and it really seemed like she was doing nothing to make it better. In other words, I was basically waiting for the end of the book. The part where she realises she has to take care of herself first.

I'm sure you can guess what this book was about by the title, but it's sometimes unclear who The Other Woman is referring to. The main character was married to a man that she has basically taken from another woman. She broke up a marriage and a family. After years of marriage, she meets a younger woman who wants the same thing -to break up her marriage. This seemed like only a tiny part of the plot, which is good because there was so much to the story. It does basically go with the theme of 'once a cheater, always a cheater.' I don't know if that's true, and frankly, hope I never have to be in that sort of situation to find out.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment