Sunday, October 16, 2011

in a perfect world by Laura Kasischke

This novel took me A LONG TIME to get through. It's one of those books that I was enjoying, and I did want to finish it, but would put it down and go on to another book. I took a lot of breaks from it, and because of this I was actually pretty sad when it ended. I didn't give it the respect books deserve.

It wasn't at all what I thought it would be. It was kind of a different sort of world, I guess. It was this world, with the same famous people I know, but the world was being overtaken with the Phoenix Flu. Causing death and fear, first across America, and than the world.

It was about a woman taking care of her husband's children. She chose to quit her job, while he continued his as a pilot to take care of his kids. She ends up being the care giver while he travels, and rarely returns.

I liked it, which is why I feel bad for not just reading it. The author wrote a book that was made into a movie. I saw the movie, but will look into reading the book.

I just got a library card, so maybe I'll look her up the next time I'm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment